Wednesday, June 15, 2011

eat, sleep, shower, repeat



Good afternoon all,

This dress is one of my favorites, but sadly it has two flaws. First there's the pilling and fading, which I usually try to ignore. Then there's the scoop neck. It's so low (or the straps are too long) that my bra just hangs out. So my solution was to throw on a nice purple top and call it a day. I thought about taking up the straps, but the seam under the bust would hit me too high then. What do you all do about clothing that's too low cut? Tank tops as a layering piece? A really fancy bra to show off to your coworkers? Just kidding... :)

Happy Wednesday!

Purple top: Ann Taylor Loft ($8, May 2011)
Dress as a skirt: Old Navy ($20ish, May 2009)
Shoes: 6pm ($24, October 2009)
Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft ($19, May 2011)
Watch: Gift from Mom
Yellow belt: Taken from a dress (I bought the dress on ebay just for the belt!)

2 Click here to comment :):

Style Journey said...

Love the idea of putting a shirt over the dress! The yellow belt is a nice touch.

I wear a cami/tank top under just about everything!

tigerteacher said...

Hi! I've been reading your blog for a while but this is my first comment...so I'll start with a hello and tell you how much I love your blog!

I don't have a solution to this problem (at least in summer when layering is more than I'm willing to do) but will be interested to read the responses. However, I have DEFINITELY noticed this being an issue with Old Navy clothes in particular. The arm holes are just cut really low and the whole side of my bra will show!