Monday, July 18, 2011

anniversary wear

 
Good afternoon ladies,

Today's work outfit is a repeat, so I figured I would show you all my more exciting weekend wear. And believe it or not, nothing is from Ann Taylor Loft! D took me out for a wonderful romantic dinner (to celebrate our 4 year anniversary) on Saturday night and my goal was "dress to impress". Unfortunately that's not my normal routine, and it was a battle not to feel totally self conscious while walking around downtown Frederick. 

(somebody wanted pictoral proof of the ass-sticking goodness)
 Anyway, I've been lusting over this floral workwear dress from ASOS, and when it went on sale I decided to try it out. I knew it would be short (it already looked short on the much-taller-than-me-model) but I thought tights might make it more appropriate. So it arrived, I tried it on, and decided to return it (how in the world did it get "work" in the description? It stuck like glue to my rear end!) Of course at that moment D walked in and rated the dress a perfect 10, so instead of being returned it ended up on me. Oh, the things we do for love. This dress will definitely be reserved for non-workwear. :)


Happy Monday everyone!

Dress: ASOS Curve ($25, July 2011)
Heels of death: 6pm ($40, May 2010)
Necklace: Gifted
Earrings: T..J. Maxx ($15, July 2011)

8 Click here to comment :):

Ariana said...

Ohhh i lusted over that dress for so long but never took the plunge...looks great on you!

V said...

Hubba Hubba! Love this dress and I also lusted over it but haven't purchased it yet. Maybe next week? I have no clue who would ever wear this to work. I love this b/c it def looks like something Kim K. would wear and I love her! What size did you order, do you feel like it's true to size? Items from ASOS have been hit and miss for me.

Lesa said...

Beautiful dress and I love the print!

GiddyUpGirlz said...

Wow! Your legs look miles long and I LOVE the cut of that dress so flattering. You look like a supermodel your man must have loved it! ps: It's thriftymomma lol

Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary! You look stunning. LOVE!!

K said...

Thanks Ariana!

Hi V! ASOS has been hit or miss with me. I've found that their knit clothing runs big, but their cotton clothing (or nonstretch items) run small. So this dress is their US size 16, and it does stretch. Take some pics if you end up buying it! :)

Thank you Lesa :)

Hey Thrifty! I wondered where you went! I forgot that you have other blogs :) Thanks for stopping by (and I'll have to start following this one hehe)

Thanks Natalie :) The boy was very happy with the outfit, so the mission was accomplished.

Didi said...

That dress looks fantastic on you! I think you made the right choice to keep it, even if it is not work appropriate. It's a great date night dress!

Czerwony pazur said...

You look so beautiful :)