Friday, July 29, 2011

crappy news, with even more crap on the side.

Hi all,

My grandmother passed away last Sunday, the 24th, and I've been busy trying to help with the funeral arrangements and going through all of her stuff. She woke up Saturday morning saying she didn't feel well, and when we took her to the ER the docs said she had a few hours left to live. So she was transferred to "comfort care" and passed away early Sunday morning. Even though her health has been severely declining, I didn't know it would be over so fast. In some ways it's a blessing, but then again I can't believe she's gone.

So how about the even crappier news? Her funeral was on Wednesday and after the service we were all walking to the grave site. I went over to hug someone, and when I stepped back I fell into an unmarked hole (not a grave, just a deep hole) and broke both of the bones in my bottom right leg. So I had to go to the ER (at the same hospital Gammy had just died in), only to find my insurance likes us to be treated at yet another hospital, so I had to be transferred. The doctors told me that I would need surgery to repair the bones. With the4 way that they broke, there's no guarantee that a cast would make the bones fuse back together properly. So I had the surgery late last night, and I was hoping to be discharged tonight. Of course nothing goes right or as planned in hospitals, and I'm still sitting here waiting to talk to the physician's assistant about whether or not I can go home. D has been wonderful-he's spent the night with me here since I was admitted but both of our patience is running out at this point. *le sigh*

This will of course affect the good 'ol blog. i can't put any weight on my right leg for the next 6-8 weeks so I'll be using crutches. I figure outfit photos aren't going to be a top priority any time soon. Ugh this whole week I kept saying "I can't wait until Wednesday is over" but now I just can't wait for this whole damn month to be over.

Hope ya'll are having a better week than I am.

12 Click here to comment :):

Lynn W said...

I'm so sorry about your grandmother's passing so suddenly. It sure does leave a hole in our hearts.

And your leg! I hope everything goes smoothly and you can get to healing quickly and correctly. You have my sympathies all around.

Joy said...

Oh.My.God!! HONEY!! Bless your heart!! I am so sorry about your grandmother. Even if we're prepared, it's tough to lose them.

But your leg. Oh, my. This totally beats the elevator story from last year!!

I hope it won't be too bad for you!! Here's to a quick recovery!!

Андрей said...

heh..so family blog!) thanks a lot it so sweet, i think! My friend, read info following this link букмекеры . you will be glad.

mainlyclearskies said...

So sorry to hear about all of your crappy news!

I found your blog recently and love your posts. Your outfits are always so well put together.

Lesa said...

K.

I am so sorry, it sounds like a nightmare that you don't wake up from. I will pray for you and your grandma. Keep writing if you can!

Lesa

DanaElayne said...

I'm so sorry about your grandmother.

I do you hope heal asap!

Sarah R said...

K, I am so so sorry to hear about your grandmother passing. I know you did your best to take exceptional care of her. And then to injure yourself! Don't worry about the pictures...just take care of YOU.

Jessica said...

I'm sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Spending fast healing prayers to you too. What a week you've had!

V said...

Oh, Sweetie!

I'm so sorry to read about your grandmother's passing - I've been there and hope you and your family are okay.

Your leg is a different matter - I hope you can heal all the way and be very sure no matter how frustrating it may be to follow doctor's orders about not putting weight, etc on your leg. I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of this but on the flip side you can hopefully relax a little bit while you heal. I'll be looking for your posts when you're ready to be back! :)

GiddyUpGirlz said...

awww...sorry:( when it rains it pours right? she's in a better place and be positive your young and will heal up quickly:)

Mrs_L said...

Hello!

I was watching you in silent for a few months, but even we don't know each other I want to say I'm sorry for your loss and the accident at cemetery. I enjoyed watching you, and I hope you will come back some day.

Regards
Mrs. L.

ginger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.