Monday, October 10, 2011

First day back at work...



Hi all,

I'm about halfway through my first day back at work and I am exhausted! Everyone has been incredibly nice and accommodating so far. My secretary keeps stopping by to see if I need her to walk anywhere for me, and I've talked to more people today than I have during my whole 4 year career here. Apparently my dress was a hit as well. I'm not sure what they were expecting me to wear (pajamas maybe) but someone came down just to see the fabulous dress she heard I'm wearing. I work with some strange (but kind) folks :)

These shoes weren't my first choice but somehow the ones I had in mind have already been moved to the condo. Have I mentioned that we're moving? So many things to do!

So how is your day going? If you have the day off I hope you enjoy it! I'm ready to get back in bed :)

Dress: Lane Bryant ($38, August 2011)
Gold necklaces, earrings, and pin: Grandma's
Red flats: Nine West Outlet (July 2009)
Bracelet: Ann Taylor Loft ($20, April 2011)

5 Click here to comment :):

Natalie said...

Congrats on making it back to work ok! The dress is fantastic. Leopard is really hot this season!!

Missy said...

Those boots suck. I had to wear one for months a few years ago. You wear it way better than I did ;)

whenlifehandsyouapear said...

Heck, I'd come down to see you in that dress too! You look spectacular! I'm guessing people were shocked that you weren't wearing sweats or something more 'comfortable'.

Lesa said...

Grrrrrrrr....love the dress!

K said...

Thanks everyone! Missy-I didn't realize the boot was quite as bulky as it was until I saw the photos. The stupid thing is heavy too!