Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hello Tuesday.



I had a tough time picking an outfit last night. I was so damn tired that I just couldn't think of anything so I decided to wear the same boot/necklace/belt combo I've been wearing. Sometimes easy is just better. I did add a cute multicolored scarab bracelet and a pair of gold Greek earrings that I inherited from my grandmother. I've been trying to wear at least one piece of her jewelry every day. It makes me feel like she's still close, somehow.

So back to the dress....I actually own this dress in two different sizes. I have one in my "sell on ebay" pile. While my mom was helping us move stuff to the apartment she came across the smaller dress and tried it on. I thought she looked stunning, but she decided the sleeve length was too long for the Florida heat and the deep v-neck was too much for someone of her age. When I told her she could wear a tank under it she just laughed at the idea of layering in Florida. I lived there for most of my life and I wore tanks under v-necks in the heat. But oh well. Have I mentioned that I have at least 5 trash bags of things to sell on ebay? I'm going to be busy once we finally get settled in to our new place.

Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday!

Dress: Robbie Bee via Ebay
Black tank: Target
Boots: White Mountain via Piperlime
Bracelet/earrings: Grandma
Necklace: Talbots
Belt: NY & Co

3 Click here to comment :):

Style Journey said...

LOVE your dress with the layered necklaces! A wrap dress is one of those easy pieces to throw on when you aren't feeling it and still look great :)

Sarah R said...

I layer in Florida all the time. In fact, I prefer the extra layer; it seems to soak up the extra sweat. lol.

K said...

I agree SJ! That's why I've been wearing so many as of late :)

Sarah-That's exactly what I thought when I lived there. My mom just hasn't come around yet hehe.