Monday, December 12, 2011

all neutrals with some sparkle

 
I'm really into the drapey blouse tops at the moment. So when I saw this top at TJ Maxx I couldn't resist bringing it home. Plus I figured I couldn't go wrong with metallic sparkle. Flash forward to me trying it on with a pencil skirt for the boyfriend. He gave it a thumbs down. Then this morning I decided pants would be easier to deal with than a skirt, so I threw on the top and went to work. When D saw me this afternoon his opinion on the top hadn't changed. I don't think it makes me look any wider, but I do think it makes my arms look like they were cut in a tragic lumber accident or something. But oh well, I still like the top. Now I'll just have to walk around sucking in my larger than normal gut for the rest of the day :)

How was your weekend? We are in the process of putting up our very first (fake) x-mas tree. We ran out of garland about halfway down the tree, and then we realized we didn't have any ornament hooks. It made me really miss my grandmother (she would have tons of everything). Oh and we don't have a tree topper so I threw a stuffed reindeer animal on top. Hopefully it won't catch fire. And my cat seems to think that the tree is a giant 6.5 foot food-fest.

But on the bright side I went to my Aunt's house and she let me go through some of her costume jewelry that she didn't want anymore.  I got tons of earrings and a few rings that I can't wait to wear. In fact the ring I forgot to take a close-up of today and my earrings are both from her stash.

Happy Monday everyone!

Wide load top: T.J. Maxx
Pants: Old Navy
Flats: Kohl's (these are surprisingly comfortable after you break them in)
Necklace: Stella & Dot via Craigslist
Earrings: Free from Aunt

1 Click here to comment :):

Linda said...

I'm not a huge fan of those tops on me. I think they call them bat wing. But it looks totally cute on your. Perhaps I should reconsider.
I got our tree up yesterday but discovered we have no lights. This is a new fake tree and our last fake tree was prelit.