Friday, December 2, 2011

Eloquii review and an outfit post


  Good afternoon everyone,

Are you happy it's the end of the week? I sure am, even with my day off yesterday. I took a mental health day (it seems I've needed more of those lately) and I tried to relax a little. Today I wanted to dress nicely because I'm going out for a happy hour with some friends I haven't seen since before I broke my leg. I've sort of removed myself from everyone because I feel like I've just been too depressing to be around, but I think I'm ready to get back and be a little more social. And what better way to be social than with drinks and mexican food? 

In the absence of social outings I've been doing my fair share of shopping (heck even if I went out more I'd still shop) and one place that caught my eye was Eloquii. Eloquii is The Limited's plus size range, and from what I've read they're fairly new. I have had my eye on these two things and when they went on sale for 50% off I decided to try them out.**

So, the wrapping is pretty cute. Then again I like bright green tissue paper. The invoice came in a nice Eloquii envelope along with a note thanking me for my purchase.


I ended up buying a red dress and a drape neck top. Here's what they look like on a beautiful model.

(Source: Eloquii)

(Source: Eloquii)

As you can see from the photo below (please ignore my compression socks; good for broken leg swelling but bad for photo ops), the dress is too tight. After consulting the size chart I went for a 14/16 on both and I really needed another size up. Also, the dress has a black elastic band that wasn't in the description, and in the photos the band is conveniently covered up with an obi belt (which is available for purchase separately). The dress is 100% polyester, but for some reason smelled like dead fish. The cowl neck top stretched across the chest in an unflattering manner and I just couldn't get myself to take a photo. I thought about exchanging the top for a bigger size but in the end I decided to just return it. It didn't help that the fabric accentuated my curves in a way that resembled a spare tire. If something really catches my interest in the future I might try Eloquii out again. If you're ordering I would say to size up if you're unsure, but as far as my personal taste goes I'll be returning both items. 


Happy Friday everyone!

**This review is brought to you by me and my 9-5 job. Eloquii corporate had nothing to do with my decision to write a review, and I doubt they know this blog exists. I just wanted to put this info out there if any of you are interested.

Green cardi: Ann Taylor Loft
Floral wrap top: Talbots
Purple tank: Lane Bryant
Black pencil skirt: Talbots
Black boot: Same old Piperlime ones
Necklace: Target

5 Click here to comment :):

Linda said...

Thanks for posting about your Eloquii purchase. I heard about them last week and was considering buying something but perhaps I'll wait.

K said...

Depends on what you're interested in, but I'd wait for a sale. I think they're a bit overpriced for what they're selling, but at least they offer free shipping and free returns. Plus it's hard to buy anything knowing that just a few days ago the whole site was 50% off. They do have some lovely clothes. I'll just have to stick with an 18/20 if I reorder anything.

GiddyUpGirlz said...

Really love that dress. Hope you just return for another size because it's very lady like and pretty on you.

V said...

I bought the same dress and thought it would fit as well, it's a bit too tight. But, I bought another dress in 18 and it was too big. I've purchased pants and they all fit in the 18 and are a little big but nothing that tailoring won't handle. I think they're over priced as well - I purchased items on sale only :)

Sarah R said...

I like the red dress too, but I would not have ordered that top. I hope you size up on that dress, it seems cute.