Tuesday, December 20, 2011

holiday tights and a festive house tour

(I'm not crazy, just tired)

 I think this time of year is the only time I feel comfortable wearing red tights. We finally finished decorating the tree and wrapping the presents and I guess I was feeling festive. I even broke out my OPI nail red glitter polish. I layered it over a gray color so the red would match my tights. As you can see, I'm not a pro at doing my nails. )



So I thought I would share a few photos to show how we decorated for our first holiday in the new place. On the tree I used ornaments that my grandmother made many years ago. She would order these kits with her coworkers and they would make these gorgeous Christmas decorations. When my aunt offered to let me take some I knew I would enjoy using them on our new tree. We don't have a tree topper yet so I threw up a plush reindeer that D gave me early on in our relationship. 



Remember when I said I ran out of gold garland? Well I found another strand of it when I was going through the ornaments, but I had already finished the tree. So I stuck a couple spare ornaments in a goblet with the garland and called it a centerpiece. 



I also inherited an adorable wooden reindeer from my grandmother, but the antlers didn't survive the move. Fortunately my mom has the same exact reindeer so she's going to give me hers :) For now I'm trying to hide the head in the branches. Classy, I know.


Happy Tuesday!

Top: Ann Taylor Loft
Skirt: Ashley Stewart
Flats: DSW
Belt: NY & Co
Necklace: JewelMint
Earrings: Gifted

1 Click here to comment :):

whenlifehandsyouapear said...

Your tree is beautiful, and I LOVE the detailed handmade ornaments your grandmother made. How pretty!

Merry Christmas!