Tuesday, December 6, 2011

lovely amazing comfortable new boots**


Another Monday Tuesday (I apparently missed the memo on how workdays operate), another pair of new boots. Hah I kid, I kid (maybe). Though these are new boots, and I'm so damn pleased with them that I wanted to share the details. They're from Sofft (style Casoria) and they're currently on sale at Nordstrom for $99.90. Zappos has them in brown for $119.95 here. Yes, that's pricey even on sale, but they're real leather (soft!), they're extremely comfortable, stylish, and best of all fit my wide calves right out of the box! I swear I have to get every pair of boots stretched at the cobblers (they know me on a first name basis now). The description says that the calves are 13" but that is a flat out lie. My 16" calves fit into a size 9 perfectly. And if your calves are larger the side of the boot has elastic goring that will allow another inch or two of stretchy goodness, if not more. Love love looooooooove these boots. I stalked the brown pair online at Nordstrom and I finally nabbed what I'm telling myself is the last pair in Nordstrom world and I can't wait to wear those too. Of course now I have to get rid of 2 pairs of shoes, but I'll deal with that later.
(Source)


Am I wearing other clothes? Oh yeah...This dress has been worn numerous times, although I finally tied it in the back like it was originally intended. I don't know why I hesitate to do that. Maybe because maternity dresses often tie in the back, and I don't want to get asked how far along I am. Speaking of which, this afternoon two women were talking in the kitchen about how many pounds should be gained during pregnancy. The one woman was very concerned asking "5 lbs...that's what I've gained so far oh do you think that's too much? I just don't know" while rubbing her stomach and the other lady was "oh that's fine yes 5 lbs is reasonable" and then they both turned to me to get my input and I rrealllly wanted to tell them that A) 5 lbs is NOTHING, B) having said that I am not the best person to consult on pregnancy issues and C) I'm currently pregnant with a 5 lb cheeto bacon food baby, but I refrained from any and all comments. I can't deny my amusement though. I mean she was so concernicus about the whole thing. 


Anywhoo, back to work I go. I hope you all are having a wonderful day.

**I don't know if this needs to be said but Nordstrom did not ask me to mention these boots. Just an indulgence on my part that I wanted to share. Because finding quality wide calf boots can be a crap shoot :)

Dress: Macy's
Tights: Target
Boots: Nordstrom Rack
Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft
Coat: Old Navy

2 Click here to comment :):

whenlifehandsyouapear said...

You crack me up. Awesome boot find! As a member of the wide calf club I so know what you're talking about. Apparently if you have wide calves you're not allowed to expect real leather unless the boots cost more than a car payment.

Natalie said...

I have 17 inch calves. I ordered a couple of pairs of cute boots on the Roaman's website.

Also, love this dress!