Tuesday, February 28, 2012

pixelated dress


 Hi all,

This is my first time wearing this dress and I'm quite pleased. It's great at hiding the fact that I ate half a box of Tagalongs last night. Well, maybe not half but too many :) My only complaint is that the front drapes and opens to reveal a black slip underneath. 



See what I mean? If I didn't know better I would say it would look like I'm flashing someone. I did try to use some fashion tape and safety pins to close the gap this morning but I couldn't get it to stay flat and in the end I gave up.


I'm also loving this new (to me) ring. There is a consignment store in south Florida that my mom had sold some of my prom dresses to a couple months ago. When I was down there she wanted to show me the store. I was very unimpressed with the store itself (so crowded with trash bags of stuff that you could barely walk, no organization, the woman in charge wasn't there that day even though she knew we'd be coming in for a check)...Anyway, the ring. We were walking out when I saw it. They wanted $30, and we had stuff to donate (each donated item=$1) but since the boss wasn't there we couldn't do anything with our donations. So my kind wonderful mother went back the week after I left, donated the stuff she and I had put together, and got this ring with the credit. I just got it in the mail last night and I couldn't wait to wear it.

(True blood lip pencil. One of these days I'll start wearing eye makeup again)

What purchases have you all made lately? Happy Tuesday!

Dress: Jones NY via Fatshionxchange
Boots: Nordstrom Rack
Ring: FL consignment store
Stack rings: Stella & Dot
Necklace: Ann Taylor Outlet
Earrings: QVC via Ebay

3 Click here to comment :):

Ariana said...

Just sew the edges together to close the front of the dress! Love the print in anycase.

Taylor said...

Mmmm, Tagalogs. I have a pixelated dress too - but I like yours so much better. The colors are gorgeous.

K said...

Ariana-I was thinking of that, although I'm not so great with anything involving needles. Perhaps I can beg my mom... :) Thanks for stopping by!

Taylor-Thank you! Between the colors and the neckline I couldn't resist hah! Also, I didn't know you were blogging again. I've missed seeing your outfits! :)