Thursday, March 15, 2012

my better half often surprises me


Good afternoon everyone,

Not to get too complainy but I've been sitting here feeling sorry for myself all day. A while back my coworkers celebrated someone's birthday (who I knew, and who I invited to my own birthday lunch) and I was the only one in my hallway that was not invited. Then today there was a combined birthday lunch, I knew both people, and again I wasn't invited while the rest of my hallway stomped off to eat together. I'm really trying not to take it personally but you know I'm crossing those names off my birthday lunch list for this year! Petty, maybe. But I feel left out so that's my reaction.


So in the midst of my pity part (population uno) my better half surprised me with this gorgeous orchid. Now, it could be coincidence that I got it today but either way it made me feel better. Way to go awesome boyfriend! You are so invited to my birthday lunch this year :)

What would you do in this situation? You can tell me to suck it up and deal with it. I'll understand :)

Green cardi: Old Navy
Purple (not black) cowl top: Coldwater Creek
Striped skirt: Dorothy Perkins
Flats: Coach via DSW

3 Click here to comment :):

Linda said...

Depending on the size of your company/department, I think you should either invite everyone or keep it to 1 or 2 close friends.
Beautiful orchid.

Lynn W said...

Did the same person organize both lunches? If so that would be where I'd aim my pettiness (not that I think it is). It was rude to exclude you, just like when you were little and you had to invite all the girls in your class if you passed out invitations at school.

K said...

Linda-I agree, and that's how it used to play out. Now my hallway has less people in it, so we usually have 6-7 people at our lunches with everyone invited.

Lynn-I think each person invited whoever they wanted to, but sometimes our secretary plans them. I remember those valentines day events at school. We had to give one to everyone (not just one person) which I thought was great because I could include my crush without it being weird. :)