Wednesday, March 28, 2012

a well-heeled Wednesday

(Weird smile courtesy of my second set of Invisalign trays. Stupid pain)
 Good afternoon everyone,

Last night I remembered my attempt to wear heels once a week, so I based this outfit around today's blue suede heels. I promise they're really blue and not black-see this post for proof :) I had forgotten how long it's been since I wore the shoes. Can't say the same for my skirt. It still had tags on it...My winter cleaning brought it back out and at first I thought I'd put it away since I consider tweed more of a fall/winter fabric but then I decided it would be light enough for spring...It's from Talbots, bought at a price I couldn't resist (under $25) and I knew it would be of the wrinkle variety. I didn't quite anticipate just how wrinkled it would get. Oh well. 


This purse isn't new at all. In fact it's looking a bit battered, but I just can't part with it. I bought it at least 3 years ago at a Naturalizer outlet and it has been my go-to bag ever since. I would buy three of the same bag all over again if I could find it :)

(Image credit)

You know what's not feeling beat up (har har lame transition)? My feet! Have any of you ever used Body Glide? It's an anti-chafing balm that runners use, but I use it to keep my skin from going crazy during the warmer months. All of a sudden it occurred to me to use it on my heels before I put shoes on. And it really works! My heels feel great! No redness, rubbing, or blisters. So if you have similar issues you might want to give it a shot :)


Happy Wednesday!

Cardigan: T.J. Maxx
Cowl tank: Ann Taylor
Tweed skirt: Talbots
Blue suede shoes: Jessica Simpson via T.J. Maxx
Necklace: Gifted
Marcasite ring: Marc & Pearl
Blue stone ring: Wisconsin business trip
Bracelet: NY & Co
Earrings: Coldwater Creek

0 Click here to comment :):