Wednesday, April 4, 2012

printed dresses and gold jewelry



Good afternoon,

After sweating to death yesterday I opted for something light and airy today. I'm not a huge fan of Ideeli (flash sales site) but when I saw this dress I died a little inside (in a good way). It was sold out in my size but I signed up for the waiting list to be informed if it ever came back in stock. When it did come back I let it sell out again because really, I do not need another dress. But I couldn't get the dumb thing off my mind. I showed it to my coworker, who seemed less than enthusiastic about it, but that didn't deter me. After bookmarking the link I would sporadically check to see if it came back in stock, and I decided since I couldn't get it off my mind for more than a week it would be justifiable to purchase the dumb thing if it ever did come back. Then *bam*, back in stock and into my shopping bag. It didn't hurt that it was the only one left. And it was $20. Yeah, all that thought for a dress with a crazy pattern. But I love it. Nice and floaty :) I decided it looked better with gold jewelry and, well, here's the proof.

I also got to show off my pedicure today and I am loving having pink toes. The day before my grandmother's funeral I got my toes painted a bright pink in attempt to cheer myself up. When I broke my leg the next day and had to stare at those pink toes for months I decided I would never get pink nails again. Just goes to show you-never say never (also, avoid breaking your leg is possible. It puts a damper on everything).


I hope you all are having a lovely Wednesday!


Dress: Mlle Gabrielle via Ideeli (if you're interested in this brand I would advise you to size up. They're cut small)
Sandals: Report via DSW (years ago)
Left hand bracelet: Stella and Dot
Right hand bracelet: Ann Taylor Loft via Ebay
Rings: Etsy
Necklace: Piperlime
Earrings: Liz Claiborne Outlet

3 Click here to comment :):

GiddyUpGirlz said...

I see why you wanted it! love the zigzag design and all the different colors...I'd say it was a great purchase. I can't wait to start dresssing up againf or work...yippy! also I want that hummingbird dress with the cowl neck. LOVE IT! I checked out the site and also want the rabbit print blouse and the swan blouse...ugh! I need to stop mentally spending money lol :)

Sarah R said...

I have to ask...how many dresses do you own? But I think you have great taste!

K said...

Giddy-Thanks! I have had zero luck with eshakti tops fitting (too big in the chest, too small at the waist), but I adore their prints. I love that swan one too. Post photos if you end up getting anything!

Sarah-Hah thank you. You always leave the nicest comments :) I'd say half of my closet is dresses. I have quite a few.