Wednesday, May 2, 2012

my week is almost over...


Hello all,

This is a short week for me and I am so excited to leave early tomorrow. My parents came into town last week and they went with us to IKEA last weekend. End result-We're getting our furniture delivered tomorrow. I know some people aren't fans of IKEA furniture, but I'm looking forward seeing our new sofa bed in action! This will be the first "real" furniture we've bought for our home, since everything else was given to us by family members (seriously-everything. We're very fortunate and I'm thankful every time I sit on something). I guess we got a rather late start to living on our own since I was living with my grandmother for so many years. But anyway, yay new furniture!

Also worth a "yay" is this new shrug. I had a bunch of Old Navy dollars to use so I ended up getting this in three colors during their 30% sale (along with a sports bra and some other odds and ends) and my whole order cost a whopping .99 cents. I never though I'd like the cropped silhouette on me but it works, and it's an alternative to belting everything. Then I couldn't resist pairing these sandals with the dress. My leg has been hurting me as of late so it's back to flats full-time.


Happy Wednesday!

Shrug: Old Navy
Dress: Lane Bryant
Sandals: Aerosoles via T.J. Maxx
Necklace: Liz Claiborne Outlet
Earrings: Gifted
Bracelet: Ann Taylor Loft via Ebay

3 Click here to comment :):

Taylor said...

I love IKEA. Have you been to thisismykea.com? They have the cutest stuff to personalize your pieces. We have three of the super-cheap Lack tables and I want to order some of the fun decals.

You got a whole order for 99 cents? That is AWESOME. I love the colors in that dress, by the way!

Sarah R said...

I want that dress!

K said...

Taylor-I had not heard of that site, but I went and had a look around. It doesn't look like they sell covers for the Ektorp sofa bed, which is what we ended up getting. I love the covers for the expedit series though. Thanks for the recommendation!

Sarah-Hah thanks! I bought it a while ago but I see it from time to time on ebay. I'll send a note your way if one pops up in my searches :)