Tuesday, June 5, 2012

yesterday's "interesting" combination

 
Good evening ladies,

So this outfit is from yesterday. Allow me to paint a picture for you (and I am telling you all this for amusement purposes). It's too early on a Monday morning and I'm scampering into my office building. I'm struggling to balance my too-large bag, my "oh crap it's Monday" sak of lunches for the week, and attempting to gracefully swipe my ID badge at the door so I can get in my building. Oh yeah, and I'm trying not to make any human contact because I don't seem to acquire my language skills until about 8:30. But Monday wasn't my day and as I'm holding the door for the woman behind me I notice her giving me the once-over. After confirming that my underwear is indeed under and there is nothing inappropriate happening with my outfit I waited for a good morning or greeting of that nature. Instead she said "Well now, that's an interesting combination." The way she spit out the "interesting" part makes me think it wasn't a positive use of the word. But come on-It's not like I'm reinventing the wheel with yellow and brown. So I shrugged and said "yeah, I like it" and continued to my office. There must have been an early bird special on the judgey mcjudger platter yesterday. But no harm done because I do love this dress.



Do your coworkers make unnecessary comments about what you wear?

(Yep-I acquired a mannequin. It's for my ebay stuff but I'm enjoying dressing "her" with my daily outfits)

Yellow cardi: T.J. Maxx
Striped dress: Talbots
Shoes: American Eagle
Necklace: Stella & Dot

4 Click here to comment :):

HokieJenn said...

I love the combination! I work in an office with mostly men so I really don't get any comments. It is probably a good thing! lol

Maria said...

People are just not creative these days. She was probably just boring. I think your outfit is the perfect combination. Also, do you have an ebay store?

Sarah R said...

I got it yesterday (which was Tuesday.) I went to a memorial service on the beach and wore a hat to protect my face...it was 94 yesterday. Before I went to the beach, I had to run to the bank real quick. So I'm wearing a sundress, flip flops, a hat and sunglasses...not a weird look considering I live in FLORIDA, people! Oh the pointing and the stares. I even heard one persson do the loud whisper: "A hat? Really?" How has it come to seeing people in ripped, dirty pjs and slippers, no bras, cracks hanging out, is more common and accepted than a simple dress? Sorry...had to vent. But I had a feeling you'd know what I meant.

K said...

Thanks everyone!

Maria-Yes, I do have an ebay store. This link should work: http://www.ebay.com/sch/herkillingjar/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=10&rt=nc&_dmd=2

Sarah-I do know what you mean! Before I moved out of FL I thought flip-flips would be perfectly appropriate in a corporate environment. And yes, FL is VERY laid back when it comes to clothing. I'm sure you looked lovely in your beach attire! I wish I could enjoy the beach right now :)